Using Life Skill ‘Energy of Life’
I don’t have a lot to say here. I don’t normally do much life skilling to begin with. Life Skilling was overhauled in Season 2.
- There are no more Life Skill Points. You can level all Life Skills now, and you will automatically unlock skills and passives for it as you level it further.
- You now use one tool that has durability, instead of one tool per action. This durability will decrease with use, and can be repaired with Shilling at a blacksmith or from your pet. When you repair a tool, the max durability will also decrease by a small amount, slowly degrading the tool’s overall lifespan. The tool can be repaired using an item that sometimes appears in Marie’s Secret Shop.
- All profession nodes now give a Common material as well as a chance for Uncommon and Rare materials. This chance goes up with certain attributes on the tool, by leveling the skill up, or by harvesting from a Mysterious variant of the node. The Uncommon material depends on the node. The Rare material that you yield is based on your location and not the node. For example, Yorn and Papunika Iron Ores have different Rare materials.
- Uncommon and Rare tools only cost Shillings to repair.
- Heroic tools and up use Gold to repair.
Platinum Fields still exists and it works exactly like it did in Season 1. When you’re in Platinum Fields, harvesting resources does not consume Energy of Life, however you do not gain any profession EXP. It’s a bonus place to get more materials to either use as you wish or to sell.
Herbalism – Best ‘long term’ consistent money. Requires high time investment each day. Flowers aren’t worth much, mushrooms are worth a lot since they’re used in all Battle Items and recovery potions.
Lumbering – Ties with Mining for best ‘short term’ consistent money. Requires low time investment each day. Common Logs are the only thing worth much. Profit will depreciate as less people are interested in Expedition Territory improvements, but will stabilize at a lower price. Common Logs are used for Expedition Territory content. One of the logs is also used for creating Advanced Refining Material, so maybe be worth a decent amount on a fresh region.
Mining – Ties with Logging for best ‘short term’ consistent money. Requires low time investment each day. Common stones are the only thing worth much. Profit will depreciate as less people are interested in Expedition Territory improvements, but will stabilize at a lower price. Common Stone is used for Expedition Territory content. One of the stones is also used for creating Advanced Refining Material, so maybe be worth a decent amount on a fresh region.
Hunting – Not worth much long term. Some money to be made in Shiny Leather. Materials are used for Advanced Refining Materials, so may be worth a lot in a fresh region if it’s a really unpopular profession. Fishing – Not worth much long term. Some money to be made in certain items like Brown Pearl, Oscar, and Dark Cloud Pearl. Materials are used for Advanced Refining Materials, so may be worth a lot in a fresh region if it’s a really unpopular profession.
Archaeology – Normally not worth much. Can earn a jackpot by obtaining Crafting Kits for high tier tools.
Life Skill Tips:
- Buy green tools until you roll Super Armor on them. They only cost 1,500 Shillings and the trait will make your life much easier.
- Use your good tools on Mysterious resource nodes or Large resource nodes, or rarer nodes which require more time to locate (such as mushrooms).
- Don’t let your Energy of Life cap out – you won’t regenerate more while capped.
Credit by Saintone’s
This is information aggregated during my time playing Lost Ark on the Korean servers post-Season 2. As this is regional, some information may not apply to the RU, JP, or Global versions of the game. You can find gameplay of LAO Season 2 KR from my Twitch or YouTube channels. For corrections or questions you can reach me on Discord at Saintone#4599.